Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Eye OF The Juice Tiger

Good Morning Friends,


You know the reason I wanted to do this Blog, was to first of all, create a public forum, for me to share my thoughts, and experiences while going through this period of transformation.  I got much more than I bargined for.  I have had literally dozens of people tell me, that they are inspired by what I am doing, and some have jumped on the band wagon and have bought a juicer, and have or will begin there own Reboot as soon as Breville gets its most popular juicer(The Juice Fountain) back in stock.  If you would like to order one for yourself please go to www.williams-sonoma.com  Or just follow this link, The Juice Fountain


I have had a wide variety of responses to this 30 day challenge that I am doing.  While most people have been very encouraging, and are like you go boy, I have had many people say wow, I could never do that, or thats ok for you, but I dont have the will power to drink just juice.  I have even had a few tell me, that what I am doing is so unhealthy, and that I am harming my body, and should expect that I will just wither up and lose all of my hard earned muscle. Well I am writing this on day 15, and that picture was taken yesterday. Granted My results are not typical.  My Friend and Pastor Joe Schupp said to me last night, that he thinks that nobody in the World, well the U.S for sure, gains and loses weight faster than me.  While this may be true, I would like to see the data for myself to confirm, it is not about the weight for me anymore.  It is about the HEALTH that's in THE JUICE .



I have the eye of the juice tiger baby.  I will agree that this length of time of just drinking juice is not a good idea for everyone.  However, this lenght of time was right for me.  I was fifty pounds overweight at least, and lets face it, if you are thin and fit, a modified reboot may be the ticket for you.  I do not have a big amount of will power.  While the first few days were challenging to say the least, I just kept looking at the way I looked when I started all of this.Eeew.Gross



Lets face it, I have hardly withered up and blown away.  However I have lost quite a bit of Belly Fat, Facial Bloat, inflammation causing me pain in my joints, fatigue that lasts all day, horrible depression, heart burn, and  sleep apnea just to a few of the things that I dont seem to have anymore.  Not to mention the twenty pounds that I no longer have to lug around.  So, to all of the "Non Believers" out there, wouldn't you say that the evidence deserves a bit more investigation on your parts.


What have I done so far?


I began my 30 day Challenge by drinking only Juice.  Tricia bought a Juice Fountain by Breville, after we watched the movie Fat Sick And Nearly Dead.  After discussing my plans with a Health Care Professional, I decided to add Vegetable Protein to my Juices.  I use Raw Protein from Garden of Life that I have been getting from Whole Foods.  I add a scoop to about 40 ounces of Juice, that gives me about 20 grams of protein per juice. This product provides protein from 13 organic sprouts, probiotics, and enzymes, as well as Beta Glucans, SOD, Glutathione, and CoQ10.  I will be doing a special blog this week on what impact nutrients like the above mentioned can have on our overall health and vitality.  I know what your thinking.  Sweet cause I have NO Idea What Mike is talking about.  I Rarely Know What I'm talking About so we are Good..HA..HA...Just Kidding..No but Really...Lets Go On..(:



  I have been paying $26.99 for 22 ounces of powder after a $5.00 off in store coupon. So expect to pay about 30 bucks, but if you would like to purchase online go to www.transformyourhealth.com. they are not a superstore, however it is a site that is run by a real expert on health and nutrition.  In addition to adding protein to my juices, I also have added pulp from the Juicing to aid in eliminating toxins from my gut during the Reboot process. It is important to have a healthy flora balance for optimal health so I have also been taking a probiotic product to aid in proper flora balance. I recommend Source Naturals Life Flora, it is a combination of some of the most stable probiotics on the market.  I recommend taking 2-3 20-30 minutes before each meal, or juice.  I also have been supplementing with Nordic Naturals EPA Xtra, Omega 3's are among the most important fats we can ingest, and have a wide range of health implications if we dont get enough of them, which most of us dont.

I read recently an incredibly disturbing report from something called the GAP Report which stated that only 6% of Americans get enough Fruits Daily, and only 8% of Americans get enough veggies.  This is not shocking to me at all, before I got focused on this I was only eating a  serving of veggies a week.  It is no wonder why I looked like spent all day slugging beer and watching professional Poker on ESPN.

My Staple Juice is basically the Mean Green that is spoken of by Phil Staples on the Movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.  By the way you really must see this movie if you haven't already. Here is the Recipe.

6-8 Kale Leaves(Not Bagged)
half a bunch of Spinach(not bagged)
1/4 Lemon
1 3/4 inch piece of Ginger
4 Stalks of Celery
8 Carrots
2-3 small apples (I used Green or Fugi)
Beet Greens, and 1 large beet(Rotating)
1 half of a Cucumber ( Hot House is the Best I think)
Wheat Grass(Rotating)

This is the Juice that I drink most of the time, however I do drink a fruit juice as well, a couple of times per week.  Notice that I dont put a bunch of fruit in with my veggies.  Apple is a very neutral fruit, and doesnt make the juice overly sweet, but does make the mix less bitter and easier to enjoy.at first, but as time goes on, its amazing what you can get used to. I also rotate certain ingredients as well.  Its important to do a bit of research into the profile of nutrients that are found in your ingredients.  Oxalic Acid is found in Kale, Spinach, and Beets as well.  Oxalic Acid actually robs calcium from where ever it goes in your blood stream, so its important not to flood your body with too much of this stuff.  You can fight the effects of Oxalic Acid a couple of ways.  Number one you should take a couple of Table Spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before you drink a juice that is high in Oxalic Acid.  And the second is the funnest part..Exercise..Yes Exercise can help your body to rid itself of this Calcium Robbing Criminal.  It is also important to add some kind of Vinegar to your baby spinach that you cook to.  Whether you Juice it or cook it...It is still there, ready to run off with your calcium like Paris Hilton with the Hope Diamond..

Well I hope this recipe is helpful, and I hope you drink yourself to Great Health, and the New You that is Hiding behind all of that Fat and Bloat, will thank you for it later...Love Ya..

Blessings,

Mike Lisle
The Juice Man

No comments:

Post a Comment