Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day2(Sorry I spent Day 1 very grumpy)(:


Wow feeling a bit better this morning than I did last night.  I have been drinking Juice for the last five days, but yesterday is the first Day that I drank only juice.  To catch you up with why I am doing this, and what I hope to gain from it..check it out..

I am 38 years old, I am married to Tricia Lisle, my beautiful wife who is a a massage therapist here in Scotts Valley CA.  I have 3 amazing kids, Jordan who is now a freshmen in High School, Madison who is 9 and in the 3rd grade, and Taylor who is six and in kindergarten.  On Day 1 of my Reboot my weight was at 248, way too much weight for a guy who has bad knees, damaged biceps ligaments, and constant aches and pains from being in a toxic state.  I had my picture last week, I will post it if I can, and I was totally disgusted with myself.  Not at all the picture of health that I saw in the mirror every day.  I realized that not only was I overweight but my kids were as well, with the exception of my son Jordan who is a picture of fitness..Nice to be fourteen right.  But not only is he fourteen, but I am the one who taught him how to eat, and how to train to gain muscle, and maintain good energy and flexibility.  He practices Martial arts 3 times per week, trains with the Football team at his High School, and is taking dance lessons on top of that, with a full load of homework as well.  I used to be that picture of health.  I spent many years working the Natural Foods Industry starting when I was sixteen years young, and was a store manager, customer service representative for Threshold Enterprises, the manufacture of Source Naturals, and Planetary Formulas.  I learned from the best.  James South, Rob Underhill, Roy Upton, Michael Tierra, and I have friends that are Industry leaders in the study of orthomolecular Biochemistry.  I was the go to guy in the office for questions on Sports Nutrition, and am known to be a library for useful and useless facts alike.  I am sometimes called Cliffy(Cliff Claven).

So How Did I get So Fat?

 So why with all of this know-how do I find myself in the state I am in today.  Pure and simple, I got away from my core beliefs about eating organic clean foods, and staying away from foods that are high in Saturated fat, and hydrogenated oils, I got addicted to pain killers after 3 knee surgeries, 1 biceps tendon reattachment surgery, and a couple of back injuries. The fact is that my life got away from me, instead of living it on purpose, I got stuck in a cycle of starting my day with coffee and lots of sugar and half and half, or worse nondairy creamer, and maybe I would eat a bagel with peanut-butter, or Nutella  on toast about 4 hours after I already woke up, and then I maybe would have a hug bowl of yogurt cottage cheese with almonds, raisins, honey, it all sounds good right?  The problem is that the amount could have served 4 people.  I may have 2 or three apples a week at most, maybe a few bananas a week, a  few oranges a week, and a total of 2 or three servings of veggies per week at most.  I occasionally get into a workout mode as some of you have seen over the years, but the only nutrient that I was making sure I was getting enough of was protein.  The biggest supplementing to my diet I was doing was Baby Ruth Candy Bars.  I Love Baby Ruth Candy Bars!!!!!  Did I say that Loud enough, and they are chock full of peanuts, High in Protein Right?  I also Love..Love..Love Cereal of all kinds. I should own Stock in Kellogg, Post, General Mills, All of them because I would eat pretty much a box of cereal every day if I didn't have 2 kids that ate it too, and I was always trying to figure out how much I could eat, and still leave some for the Kids.  Yikes...Dont Get me started on REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS. Twinkies, Ho Ho's Hershey's Chocolate Bars with Almonds, ICE CREAM.  Did I mention I dont smoke Marijuana at all.  This is without the Munchies.  Wait a Second, It is getting clear to me as I write this stuff why I am so fat.    I was always hungry because I wasn't giving my body the nutrients it so badly craved.  I am so glad that I am writing all of this stuff down, because I didn't realize that I was in this cycle until I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.  I was so inspired by Joe, and Phil that I went out and got a wonderful Williams -Sonoma Juicer and am now doing my own Reboot.  Please check out the Video on Netflix, and by all means join me in doing a reboot.   I Recommend the juicer from Williams-Sonoma because it is powerful, easy to use, and most of all easy to clean.Join Mike Lisle and Do A Reboot...start by clicking here We can do it together, and keep each other motivated.  I will post pictures, and give daily updates on this blog, and on Facebook.  I cant wait to see what this day is going to produce.  Produce..How funny..Im up to my armpits in Produce right now...HA..

No comments:

Post a Comment