Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 4 Keeping it Real...

Good Morning Friends,
                                                                      Day 4


I know that I said that I was going to talk supplements today, but I will put something together later on when I have had a chance to do more research, and have had time to really experience what affects supplements are having on this process.


I just logged into my blogger after taking a walk to the store this morning(got up at 5:30 and realized it was too early to run the Juicer) and I decided to take a walk early.  Oh by the way I am going to rename my juicer "The Drake" so if you hear my refer to The Drake from time to time its because I am talking about my juicer.  And NO I AM NOT GOING CRAZY...My first car was a green 1971 Plymouth Satellite, and I named it The Drake after a character on Seinfeld; I digress.  I logged on and realized that I have had 73 page views of my blog..So stoked, I am glad you are reading this, and please leave a comment, if anything I say resonates with you.  Oh and before I get started on my upcoming confession, I had an hour workout yesterday that felt amazing.  Who says you cant subsist on just juice and not have tons of energy.  I turned a corner, I do have a ton of energy today.  I am on Day Five but I am writing about Day 4 because I want to wait until the end of each day before I write about it, otherwise I would just be prophesying, and who wants to hear about what I think is going to happen..Lame...(said like a 13 year old valley girl)..lol...man I am killing myself...Anyway I am very ashamed of myself...Head hanging low..


OK lets get this out of the way I CHEATED on my Reboot.


 Late in the night on Day 3 while on a walk I stopped at the store, was feeling peckish and so I had 3 8 Oz bottles of the Odwalla Super food drink , and yesterday I took Taylor and Madison to Jamba Juice, and we all got a Peanut Butter Mood Drink.  I know that this is all liquid and there is a belief in the world today, that Jamba Juice drinks are good for you, and that the Odwalla Super food is the benchmark for healthy drinks out there.  Well after drinking but fresh juice, that is coming from Organic fresh produce, I am much more aware of the nutrients affect on my body.  The Odwalla Super food, while it has great ingredients, it is made mostly of fruit juice puree, and then it also has a small amount of other super foods in it.  It is so sweet(full of Sugar) and it says on the label not a significant source of Vitamin A...How is this possible?  It has Spirulina, Jerusalem Artichoke, Dulce, so it should have some Vitamin A in there, but because it is pasteurized it only retains its mineral content mostly, with some retention of Vitamin C and Vitamin K.  The Peanut Butter Mood while this used to be my favorite thing to get at Jamba Juice, it left me feeling like I cheated, and it wasn't nearly as satisfying as a Juice would have been.  While it is much better than drinking a Diet Coke, it falls short of being Reboot worthy, and for this I vow to flog myself with something chalk full of preservatives, and sulphates like a Giant Salome.  I am very aware right now of how what I am putting into my body is affecting the way I feel, and quite frankly happy that I drank those and realized that they were not compatible with what I am wanting to achieve right now.


Will I drink these things after all of this is behind me?  Sure why not, I want to create a balance in the way I approach honoring my body.  As a foundation for my daily nutritional intake, I will consume foods that are high in Nutrients, and low in Calories.  Not processed low fat, or Non Fat foods, no not me Jack.  I will eat to support my lifestyle, and of course enjoy treats, but I am pretty sure that when all is said and done, what I previously considered a treat will have completely changed.


Even though I blew it, I am not going to let it define this challenge for me, just as I wont let my past  define who I am.  The awesome thing about life, is that we get to chose who we are, and who we are being from moment to moment.  We don't need to get stuck in the stories of our past.  I have done this for Years.  I have been thinking about all of times that i have gotten drunk, and cried like a baby about my sour relationship with my parents, or thinking about all of the Abuse that my brothers and sisters have endured at the hands of my Father. The first time that I just started balling for no reason was in the seventh grade.  For some of you who were there, do you remember the wall that we all used to sit on at Castro Middle School.  We all really were good friends, and many of these friendships still exist today.  I remember it too well.  Shannon Sterling, Becky Edwards, Jeannine Trythol, Tony Ngo Jeremy Ferem Beautner, Lori Lott, Jennifer Dumas, Ce Ce, Randy, T.J Hoyte, Danny Clark, and so many others( Forgive me if I butchered the spelling of your last name).  So many great times on that wall, but one day in the seventh grade I just broke down and started crying.  The reality of that time, was that my oldest sister was being abused, all of us kids were being verbally and or some kind of sexual abuse, either directly or indirectly, and on top of that my parents were constantly fighting.  My Mother would take us to the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses where we did have some reprieve from that kind of environment. While it was nice to have a community like that I really didn't like going all that much, and while I really loved God, I always felt like something wasn't quite right about it.  I will talk about this in a future post.  But in spite of all of the abuse, I always wanted to be accepted by  my father, I wanted to be loved by him, I wanted to impress him, I wanted him to proud of me.  I excelled in school early on, and with many of my very successful friends now, at country lane, we were always on the honor role, and in band doing my best to get my Fathers approval.  Both my parents were musicians and my Dad was an amazing guitar player.  He wouldn't even let me play in his presence.  Well in those days I plucked, but he wouldn't even let me play in the house while he was there.  Things got so bad, that my after getting into Pot, Drinking, and even Crank as early as age 11 and 12 I finally moved out of my parents and into T.J Hoyte's house.


I would like to just take a minute and just give the Hoyte Family Huge Props for what they did for me in those years.  Sandy and Tom were the parents that I always wished I had, God Rest Tom's Soul, he was a great man, and I miss him very much.  I am tearing up right now, just thinking about how kind they were to take me in when things were so ruff at home.  Shay was and is like a sister, and T.J will always remain my brother.  I didn't always fit in, and later on in my teen years, I got back into the Jehovah s witness religion, and that pretty much was the end of any kind of regular friendship with any of my old friends.  Adam McCarthy, T.J. Danny Clark were my boys, and after that I all but lost touch with them, until Facebook came along.  I did try to get ahold of Danny on a few occasions, but not nearly enough, and when he died, a small piece of me died with him.  From the time we were in sixth grade, we were inseparable.  We all got into trouble, and did things we shouldn't have done, but those days were some my happiest childhood memories, because instead of abuse and total chaos, The Hoyte's, and these old friends of mine, provide me with a safe happy place to collect great memories that I still have today.  I would love to reconnect, and begin building new memories with all of you, and now we have kids, that we can introduce and tell them some great stories.(with some details left out)


I am not trying to give excuses as to why I got so messed up, but I do understand why me, and so many of us, use our past as a reason to stay unhealthy.  Well I am here to tell you that the very opposite is true. The very fact that we have had difficulties in our lives, gives us a unique opportunity to be able to relate to others who are struggling with letting go of the hurt, and scars of the past.  It is OK to hurt, and to feel, and even to be upset about abuse.  However there is a point where we are only hurting ourselves by holding on to all of these hurtful stories.  Its like trying to get back at an attacker by punching yourself in the face.  Ouch!!


Stories?  Yeah I said it.  That is what they are really.  The only thing that exists is the present, and we have an opportunity to use the present to be a blessing to God,our families, our communities, and yes ourselves.  It is High Time that we Pour all of the Love that God has for us.  John 3:16 God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son that whomever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.  He gave the life of his only Son.  Wow, unbelievable I couldn't do something like that. But I do know this, that if he died for us we can live for him.  And not just any life.  A life that is full of that kind of self sacrificial love.  Which means Letting go of the past, forgiving those that have trespassed against us, and moving on with a Happy, Healthy, and yes why not a Blissful Future.  God Bless you guys, please let me know if you have any questions or comments.  


Blessings


Mike Lisle






2 comments:

  1. I remember . . . http://www.imcdb.org/i082039.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey where did you get that picture..It looks like "The Drake" but it is the wrong color?

    ReplyDelete