Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 3 Just Say No to Man Boobs..

Wow, what a great day.

I got more sleep last night than the night before, thank goodness.  I ended up having quite a bit of stomach growling yesterday, which is normal I'm sure for not having had any solid food for a day or so.  But what was interesting was how much I was completely fixated on food.  I could smell everything that the kids were eating, and it smelled really good.  I was experiencing hunger, not because I am hungry, its because I am addicted to food.  That's right I said it.  The more I think about what I'm doing, and what so many other's have done since this whole Reboot Revolution began, I am giving my body huge doses of vitamins, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients such as polyphenols, epecatican galate, phenolic  proanthocyanadins,  and a bunch of other stuff nobody has ever heard of.  The long and the short of it, is that I am for the first time, in a very long time not hungry.  So why is my stomach quivering like a bowl of Jello in a 7.2 Earthquake, and my brain telling me to get up and go fix something with peanut butter on it, or some Nutella. You know what I'm talking about everyone, Nutella is the Bomb Diggity.  But anyway there is a craving that inst so dissimilar to that of a heroin addict going through withdraws.  I get it folks, we all love to eat, and not eating solid foods that we love for a few days so our body can just soak up much needed nutrients, do some healing, maybe give our body a chance to get back into balance just doesn't seem to be such a great trade off..Unless!!

Unless you watch a movie like Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  This movie has really made such a huge impact on me.  I have studied sports nutrition since I was sixteen years old, and doing something like this just seems counter intuitive to the person who is trying to build lean muscle, and wants to have plenty of energy for tough workouts.  The reality is, that I am 240 pounds, and have already bench pressed, and dead lifted , and built good size arms, when I was younger, and all I have to show for all of that lifting now is a lot of injuries, and some beginning stages of Man Boobs.  Yuck....Guys we dont want them do we...Heck No Jack!!!

I watched a guy who was 307 pounds, and in a period of 60 days he dropped 90 pounds.  That is What I want!!  The guy Joe, who is the man behind the movie, looks amazing today, and I would trade all of those vein weight lifting achievements to look that healthy.

Now some of you might be thinking...I know you do this fast for a while, and then you just gain back all of weight back that you lost in just a couple of weeks.  This may be the case for some.  However, my plan is to do the following.

Take a break from eating whole foods for a short period of time..10 Days..

Purpose is to give my digestive track a break from breaking down all of the garbage I have filling myself with, give my liver a breather, so it can catch up with all of the heavy work load that it was under.  And most of all give my body high doses of micro nutrients that I was starving my body of so I can bring my body and Mind back to balance, retrain my taste buds to enjoy Raw, whole, Organic if possible foods, that are alive and full of all of the good stuff that we all need to feel great all day every day.

Secondly Take the next ten days to begin to introduce Raw uncooked Veggies, Fruits, Nuts, Seeds, and other Super foods.  I do plan on getting a Green Source Protein, like Spirulina so I can start making smoothies, to increase my protein intake..I do plan on pumping the guns still...And getting used to this new way of eating, so I can do it for life, and share my success with others.

Thirdly, I am going to do a ten day Master Cleanse to complete my 30 day Challenge.  I am not going to lose  all of the weight, and invest all of this time and energy just to go back to my old ways.  Will I ever have a Baby Ruth again.  Who knows, but before I started this the majority of what I was eating was the high sugar, low nutrient foods, that we have all grown to love, and my plan moving forward is to make the majority of what I eat be all of the good stuff that we have been talking about.

Tomorrow I will talk a bit about the supplements that I am taking during this fast.  I recommend Source Naturals Products, Planetary Formulas, and I am really enjoying the KyoGreen Product that I am mixing in with my Juice to add even more Superness to my already Super Super-foods...Wow that is a  lot of Super..Makes you wonder if when all of this is over I should change my name, and wear a Red Cape and Tights...no maybe not..What is wrong with me...Well that is for another Blog...Please leave comments if you are enjoying my daily blogs..Thanks everybody.God Bless and Healthy Eating.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love talking nutrition and finess with you for hours on end. I am so proud of you for taking on your health and you will in turn inspire countless others. Love you bro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacey, yeah you and I have gone round and round with different eating plans and theories. You have always inspired me too, and I hope all is whensaid and , people are inspired and lives will be changed..Lots of love sister..

      Delete